Monday, April 11, 2016

100 Word Movie Review: Hello, My Name Is Doris

Blogger's Note: Chances are you have never heard of the "inde" film, Hello, My Name Is Doris. I only know about it because of a Sirius radio interview I heard with it's star, Sally Field. With limiting my review to 100 words, I have no room to explain the setting or plot. If what I have written peaks your interest, check out your favorite movie review sites (may I suggest: IMDB, Rotten Tomatos, or Pluggedin.com) to find out more. 


Hello, My Name Is Doris

As Doris Miller, a hoarder who has recently lost the mother she's cared for over the years, Sally Field, displays a range of emotion reminiscent of the many roles she's played before. She makes Doris vulnerable, funny, and lovable. The male lead, Max Greenfield, is necessary "eye candy" but like most characters, one dimensional and forgettable. As "Roz", Tyne Dailey is the only other character that's, real and likable. The story is not edgy but it is entertaining. Doris says and does things you'd never expect. Some even made me laugh out loud. If you really like Sally Field, go. 

  


No comments: