Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Womb With A View

Originally, I was going to make this post about the things Paula and I did on our day off this past Tuesday. We did some shopping, ordered a cake, and bought new cell phones. But none of that means anything compared to the first thing we did that day. 


We went to a place called "Precious Views" with my son and daughter-in-law. Brandi was having her 7 month 4D ultrasound. They invited us to go along with them and see our granddaughter, Aria, 2 months before she her "due date." 


Paula and I chose our nickname for Aria when she was only a few weeks old. We chose "Peanut" because she was so small. But on Tuesday, seeing how big she has grown since the pictures from the last ultrasound was amazing. She's so cute and already has me (and her daddy) wrapped around her little finger. Also, just so Brandi would feel better about the heartburn she's been having for quite a while now, the technician pointed out the hair that's visible on top of Aria's head. 


The baby wasn't very cooperative when it came to moving into a position for a lot of good shots. She seemed quite bored with the process. At one point she even yawned and then looked like she was giving us "the raspberries". 


That's just about all I need to tell you about the experience. The only thing I can add is that it was the most amazing and emotionally moving things I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to see and hold Aria for myself in a couple of months. 


Now, I've saved the best for last. Here are of the pictures Brandi and James go to take home with them. 
Aria Showing Everyone What She Thinks Of This Whole Ultra Sound Thing


Our Sleepy Little Peanut


No comments: