Friday, October 22, 2010

My Projects

The 2nd "Where Have You Been" post is going to focus on what I've been doing instead of posting. The answers will include both planned and unplanned things. I may have mentioned them before so I apologize if I'm repeating myself. There projects are connected to my personal interests and hobbies. I'll admit that they really don't benefit anyone but me, for the most part. But they do help me exercise my obsessive compulsive personality disorder in a positive way.Here are some of the project I've been up to.

Christmas Music Upload
Earlier this year I imported most of my music collection onto I-Tunes and then my Ipod. With the holiday season coming up it's time to complete the digital uploading process with the importing of all my Christmas music to I-Tunes as well. This means processing over 120 CDs, editing and organizing their titles (so they are separated from the rest of my music on I-Tunes) and cataloging the titles on a spreadsheet for future playlists or Rewind recordings. As of the writing of this post I'm about 50 CDs from completing the task. I work on it a little each day.


Rewind Recording
Major league baseball may be in it's playoff season but I'm still in mid season form when it comes to recording my return Rewind show. Yes I'm adding to the "programs" I spent most of last converting. I've written a script based on all things baseball in my music and comedy collection. I'm in the midst of recording it using the sound board at church. I'm making this show digital using songs from my I-Pod. I will also be editing, organizing and uploading the finished "Talkin Baseball" Rewind show onto I-Tunes. I'm about halfway finished at this juncture. I'll let you know when I'm finished and send copies to those of you who have asked for it.


Blog Post Printout
This blog reached a milestone a couple of day ago: 400 Posts. If you are reading this you've probably accessed it through the website address or have had it delivered to your email. For most of it's existence this blog has only been in electronic form. A few months ago I began to printout all my posts and put them in a 3-ringed binder by year. This is for people who may be interested in catching up on my blog but don't want to sit in front a computer and read 400+ posts. Of course I don't have any idea who that might be with the exception of my wife or a few of my family members. But nevertheless I'm printing them out. I try to print 5 each day. At this point I'm 93% done. To me it's an important project and doing just 5 each day is worth the few minutes it takes to complete.

Picture editing
With all the wonderful travel and experiences I've had this year taking pictures and videos has been one of the ways I've tried to preserve the memories. As of this posting I've taken over 2500 pictures so far this year. I have to edit, rename and organize all of them. This is going to take some time. But like all the other projects its a task that will be rewarding in the long run. By the way nearly 40% of the 2500 pictures I mentioned were taken on our Disney World trip. The final action in my picture editing process will be choosing the top 50 pictures of the year. Something that's going to be rather difficult to do given all the great memories preserved in all my pictures. Well I guess I'd better get busy.

Disney Trip Report
This last project I'm mentioning started out as a top priority but has settled back into one that's going to be "long term". I'm working on what's commonly called by a "trip report" about my Disney World Trip. I have already posted the first installment. Now I've decided to skip the posts and just work on writing it up to be used in my archive book about my2nd trip to Disney World.

I write this report mostly during my spare time at work. I'm writing it by hand on notebook paper. I have a special folder that I carry with me to and from my job each day. I am currently working or my recollections of our day at the Magic Kingdom; by far the best day of the vacation.

Anyway once I finish with the trip report I have to type it into the computer, edit it, do some research to enhance it and then add pictures. This will make up my 2nd Disney book. I anticipating this process to take about the next 6-8 months. It will help me prolong the memory of this great vacation as well as keep my creative skills sharp.

So there you have the projects I've been working on in October. Those are only part of the answer to where I've been this month. They are things I've decided to do and have made as my goals to accomplish. In an upcoming post I'll let you in on the other elements of my everyday life that just part of ....well, everyday life. I know you're on the edge of your seat waiting for that one. Til Next Time....God Bless.

No comments: