Friday, December 23, 2016

An Ordinary Blessed Day

I have to express my appreciation for the blessing that was my day, yesterday.
Paula and I spent the afternoon in our living room watching Christmas episodes of classic TV shows (Andy Griffith & The Brady Bunch ect.) while wrapping the gifts for our family.

We then went to the theater to see the movie "Passengers" on the day it was released. We watched it in a theater with only one other person.

A quick trip to not-too-crowded Walmart, to finish up our Christmas shopping and get the last few elements needed for Christmas dinner.

A spontaneous decision to stop at Blaze Pizza for a quick supper which allowed us to leave with enough leftovers for lunch today.

Then came the "cherry on the sundae" for the day. While stopping at the Kroger pumps to get gas, we got a Face Time call from our granddaughter.

She wanted us to come visit her. How could I say "no" to a request like that? We knocked on their door at 10 o'clock for a late night visit with both our grandchildren.
Finally, I ended the day having to drink Barium for a medical test in the morning. (Nothing serious just a diagnostic test for a minor digestive issue).

It was the first time ever I had to drink it. After all the awful things I heard about it, the preparation experience it wasn't all that bad.
I managed to get it all down in about 1/2 an hour with no after effects at all.

When I finally put my head on the pillow to end the day, I couldn't help but think what a wonderful ordinary day it was. I am blessed.

Now, I know there are some of you who think that this appreciation of such a "routine" day in the life of a man over 55 may be a little to the excess. "But I say "Nay Nay".

I have been trying to convince those around me that life is better when lived with a spirit of gratefulness. That's all I have to say about that. I hope you can appreciate that.

No comments: