Monday, August 11, 2014

Latest In Lego 2

Time for the second edition of my newest version of reports of my activity in the Lego universe. 

Let's start off with the purchase I made at the 2nd hand store here in "the grove" a couple of weeks ago. 



This is a plastic drawer full of random Lego bricks, connectors and specialty pieces (mostly from "Star Wars" sets). Quite a few of the parts are those I've been wanting to help me build my own models with my brick collection. 

Now granted this purchase was kind of spontaneous. I'm not going to try and get an accurate count of just how many pieces are in this drawer. But I can assure you that I paid no more than 1 or 2 cents per piece, at the most, probably less. As anyone who buys the "pick a brick" containers at the Lego store would tell you at that price this was a bargain. 

I also purchased this lot with the idea of dividing some of it up and selling them as bags of random pieces. That's going to take some time and some work. 

The first step is transferring the pieces into a pair of containers that would make going through them easier. 


 Paula and I have already started the work by spending a Saturday morning sorting out the mini-figures and pieces of mini-figures and all the "non-Lego" objects from the other stuff. A couple of the things we found Paula wanted to keep: Mario and a cool looking bead. 

This transfer reduced the bricks & pieces down to just one container. Not only was what we did a step in the right direction; it was fun discovering things together. 

I will continue to keep you updated on how I take this mess and make it manageable. 

On Friday August 8, I finished building the third model that could be built with the Lego Creator Aviation Adventure kit. It was the type of model I like building the most, a helicopter. 


I really like this model. That's why I decided to build it from the kit last. However now that it's done I'm not sure I like it more than the plane. But of course, if I decide I want to I can always built the plane again.  

I made a short video on my You Tube channel showing the details of the helicopter. 
Aviation Adventures Helicopter Demo Video

That's all I have to report about what I've done with Lego over the last two weeks. However I am looking forward to doing some major changes and adjustments to my collection over the next week or so. I will report about that when it gets done.

Also my next build is going to be another in the Lego Architecture Landmark series. It's world famous building that everyone will recognize almost immediately. 
 I'll have pictures of the one I build in my next Lego blog report. Until then, stay creative and watch your step in the dark. 





No comments: