Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Need Your Help



In the 4 years I’ve been posting on this blog I have never written one like this. I guess I should start with the fact that I am currently without a job. I won’t go into the details as to why, but my last day of work at Shop NBC was April 20.

As the popular proverb states, when God closes a door; He opens a window.” I truly believe that in His providence God presents opportunities in our lives all the time.

I see this “closed door” as the chance to focus on my open window; one that I have been aware of for a while.  I just haven’t made enough effort or been able to go through it.  I’m referring to the opportunity to create some income through ventriloquism; specifically in the area of children’s birthday parties. I am looking for people who may be interested in hiring me for that purpose.

I am working on getting the news of my availability out to people in a more effective manner. I’m creating a “Ron Havens/Ventriloquist” Facebook page where potential clients can get information, see pictures and videos as well as contact me about bookings. That’s going to take a while but I’m working on it.

But in addition to my personal efforts, I would like to ask for help from all my Facebook friends and blog readers who live in Kentucky. If you or anyone you know is having a children’s birthday party to recommend me and my puppet friends as unique way of making it special.

I have a wide variety of puppets and I add a personal touch to every show.I would appreciate any “word of mouth” promotion I can get. Collectively, y'all know a lot more people with kids than I do. So,  I am, humbly, asking for some assistance from my Facebook friends and blog readers.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in hiring me for a birthday party or any other occasion they can contact me by email: RHavens1423@aol.com or by cell phone. They can call or text me.

All I’m looking for is a few people to give me the chance to make their party a special one. I’ll even give the first 3 people who contact me and mention anything about being told about me by one of my Facebook friends or reading about me on my blog a break on my price.

Thanks for any help you can give me. You will be an answer to prayer and I promise I will find a way to return the favor. 

No comments: