Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend @ Home

It’s been a couple of days since I’ve made an entry. Not really much of anything on my mind right now so this one will probably be rather short.

As I write this at 8PM at night our son, James, is on a plane on his way to Germany. As explained in my “Reporting for Duty” entry eventually he’ll be on active duty in Iraq. Our other son, Michael, as he usually does spent part of the weekend playing Air Soft war games with his buddies and the rest with his fiancé. That means this weekend my wife and I were empty nesters.

I continued to sort, rearrange and organize the room in our house where we keep the dog crates. My goal when I am finished is to have a place in front of a wall mirror to practice my ventriloquism on a regular basis. I’ve been working on the room for about 2 months. I’m making progress and it’s nearly the way I want it to be.

Paula took on the task of cleaning our computer room to give the cable guy easy access to our cable modem. We are getting internet based phone service on Tuesday because it’s considerably cheaper ($25 a month). Right now saving money is what we’re all about.

Perhaps the most important things I did around the house all weekend (except for making French toast for breakfast on Saturday morning) was mow our front lawn and arrange for someone to come cut and bag our overgrown backyard grass. I would do it myself but I’ve let it get so tall that neither of our mowers can handle it anymore.

If you add in cooking chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner; watching the Stephen King movie “The Mist” on Saturday night; watching parts of two New York Yankees vs. the Cleveland Indians games; making pimento cheese sandwiches for a pot luck dinner and attending a special church meeting Sunday afternoon; taking a 2 hour nap on Saturday afternoon (while watching one of the baseball games) You can see that both of us had a full weekend.

As a matter of fact I’m somewhat exhausted after just typing it. So the weekend @ home is over and it’s back to the routine on Monday. For Paula it means back to work. For me it means working around the house and catching up on the things I didn’t get done this weekend. Oh yeah and looking for a job too.

No comments: